Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY: Cute Macrame Bracelet


Sometime last year, I went to Carolinas in SM Megamall to buy a plastic boning for replacement of the broken boning of my corset dress. But when I heard the price of each piece (I need 4 pieces), I changed my mind and ended up buying other stuffs instead. I got fascinated by the crafts I saw inside the store and thought of doing DIY (Do-It-Yourself) accessories. I was inspired by HonestlyWTF to do some DIY Tutorials. Her blog has a detailed step-by-step tutorials and I find it very easy to follow.


Out of her so many tutorials, I chose to make a Macrame Bracelet. This is my first time to make one. Though it's time-consuming, I find it enjoyable. So, here's how I made it.


What I use: Embroidery thread, connector (recycled accessory), and big needle (optional).

The recycled accessory is from my bracelet that I use here. The biggest bangle has 3 pieces of this charm glued to the bangle but I found out there's only 2 left. It is ugly to look at because of the piece missing so I decided to take off all the 2 pieces left and use it for my DIY. By the way, you can use ring or any connector that has 2 holes in the end. So, here are the steps:


1. Prepare the following lengths of Embroidery Thread: 4 pcs. 30 inch, 4 pcs. 20 inch and 2 pc. 10 inch long. Take the 2 pieces of 20 inch, fold in half and pull the loop through the hole and pull the rest of the thread to the loop. Repeat it on the other side of the connector. After that, take 2 pieces of 30 inch thread and place it at the center under the 4 middle strands.

2. Fold the right thread over the 4 middle strands and under the left thread. Pull the left thread under the middle strands and pull the end of it at the loop of the right thread. Then, pull the left and right thread tightly and slide the knot up to the top.


3. This step is like a mirror of what you did in No. 2. Fold the left thread over the 4 middle strands and under the right thread. Pull the right thread under the middle strands and pull the end of it at the loop of the left thread. The, pull the left and right thread tightly, slide the knot up to the top. Now, you already have your first square knot. 


Note: For the second square knot, try not to pull tightly. Take note that you are doing a square knot every time you finish the right-left, left-right steps. If you do not see a square knot, definitely you're doing a mistake. And if you noticed, I used 2 pieces of thread, it is because the thread is too thin and limp unlike the chinese knotting cord that HonestlyWTF used which is thicker.

4. Just repeat the Steps 2 & 3 until you reached your desired length.

5. When you finally reach your desired length, push the square knots up gently for a thicker bracelet. Add more square knots if needed. After that, you can just knot it tightly or use a needle and sew it onto the square knots about 3-4 at the center. After sewing, cut the excess of the knots of both sides. Then, repeat all the steps at the other side of the connector.


6. For the sliding closure of the bracelet, overlap the middle strands into circle. Tie each side of overlap with the excess thread.


7. Take the 2 pieces of 10 inch of thread and tie at the center of the middle strands. Then, make a square knots following the steps of how you do the bracelet. A 1/2 inch length of knots would do.


8. Try the bracelet and see the space needed for your hand and wrist when you wear it. Adjust the length and mark the adjustment to where you will cut the excess thread.


Yay! Your Macrame Bracelet is ready to party!

What do you think? Do you find it easy to do? I still have some connectors so I'm going to make more Macrame style. I will try to do the other DIY tutorials, so expect from me to post more recreations inspired by HonestlyWTF on my future posts. 


XX,


Follow & Like me on BloglovinFacebookTwitter & Instagram.


82 comments:

  1. I love it! I love DIYs! You gave justice to the piece left ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you love it. Thank you Gen-zel. XX

      Delete
  2. It's so nice!!! The charm added that vintage vibe to the bracelet. :D I remember making bracelets like these using colorful nylon when I was a kid! (Naabutan mo ba yun or matanda na ako? Haha) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Shhh... Oo naabutan ko din yun. Hehe :) XX

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ohh I'm so flattered. Thank you Steph. XX

      Delete
  4. wow great job! super cute bracelet! Maybe we follow each other!? Let me know :) Greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely nice idea!! totally love it!! thanks for yr visit and followed u back n GFC...keep in touch!
    New post abt my new LV bag is up! :D
    CHICNOVA JEWELRY GIVEAWAY - 3 lucky winners to be chosen on my blog.
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Thank you dear. XX

      Delete
  6. nice DIY :)

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2013/01/laurensia.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute DIY! You have a very creative mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of the most beautiful DIYs I've seen. I used to make these bracelets in college and give it to friends...lovely hun, very creative!

    http://anmari-ish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tutorial! I definitely want to try this. I really like your blog. Joined on GFC :)

    -Katherine
    MELD

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cool, i think you did an amazing job... to bad i'm a idiot at this things, to small hahah
    xx ish
    tiny-heart-beats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing diy, lovely!

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant believe you made this, I was thinking how expensive it looked

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I will definitely check your post. XX

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the tutorial! I have so many DIY things to work on :)
    Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Andrea. And oh thanks for the follow. XX

      Delete
  14. oh wow, this is so gorgeous! i love the jewellery pieces as well :) thanks alot for sharing, can't wait to make alot of it! :)

    Would you like us to follow each other?
    I'd love to read more from you and stay in touch <3
    I really enjoy reading your posts, they make me smile =)

    hope you have a fab day gorgeous! ~ XO
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. Sure we can follow each other. XX

      Delete
  15. Great tutorial, girl! I'll definitely have to try this soon ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I'd love to see your DIY, too. XX

      Delete
  16. I love the bracelet! The charm that you chose looks perfect with the blue.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Thanks for the DIY tutorial! Seriously, I bought some stuffs that I'll be needed for that DIY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, too. I'd love to see what you come up with your DIY. Good luck Joreina. XX

      Delete
  18. thanks alot for following and visiting my blog, i appreciate it alot! <3
    i'm now following you too, can't wait to read more posts from you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks amazing :))

    Check my blog: http://bibischw.blogspot.sk/
    Please follow or comment :)
    I follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bianka. Sure I will check your blog. Thanks for the follow. XX

      Delete
  20. Amazing bracelet! I love, love your blog!

    I am your follower now, dear.
    And I will be SOO happy, if you follow me:-)

    xxx

    Tatiana

    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this DIY so much =) The color is soo pretty, and the pendant is adorable! LOVE the piece so much!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: Sensiblestylist

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so nice! I shall try doing this :)
    http://atomicjets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go try it. I'd love to see it. Thank you Hannah. XX

      Delete
  23. nice DIY. my little sis does a lot of these bracelets too. and imust say, you guys are talented. and patient :)

    Chiara♥
    xmisschiarax.blogspot.com

    BLOG | Instagram | Polyvore | bloglovin' | Pinterest | WeHeartIt

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great DIY project!

    If you have a minute, visit my blog. Maybe we can even follow each other.

    http://www.asilosofy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Sure we can follow each other. XX

      Delete
  25. omg naamaze ako ang galeng! i wanna try but im not that patient:(

    Pax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aisa. Haha. Then, ang busy-busy mo pa dear. XX

      Delete
  26. such a nice diy tutorial, excited to try em in different colors! can't wait to see more of these. following you now :)

    www.novelave.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Yes, I will be posting more of these in the future. XX

      Delete
  27. Very nice DIY!

    www.kimgodschalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. ooohhh this is such a beautiful diy bracelet!!! :D kudos to you!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  29. ohmygosh! this is seriously amazing bracelet so cute!! you are so crafty hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Just starting to get crafty. :) XX

      Delete
  30. Hey beautiful, I just love your post and even your blog too (: Are we following yet? Stop by me soon! Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bracelet so nice!!! perfect!

    http://fashionbyelena.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  32. great idea. the bracelet is really awesome. :)

    kisses
    the spot

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for your visit sweetie!! :)
    New post abt my Dior collection is up! :D
    CHICNOVA JEWELRY GIVEAWAY - 3 lucky winners to be chosen on my blog.
    www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for dropping by again. XX

      Delete
  34. very cute

    I recently made a cute DIY Disney Princess room decor. Check out my blog for more DIY projects, OOTD, beauty reviews, and much more! Fill free to follow my blog:)

    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christie. Will definitely check out your blog. XX

      Delete
  35. i love this. i love things boho! :) great job on this

    ReplyDelete
  36. woooow very nice bracelets
    love this

    http://aigyzrebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. thanks for the comment on my blog! im following back:) follow me?

    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks a lot for this tutorial Miss Jenniya! The bracelet looks so pretty!
    Nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Here's the link: http://katatsubasanotenshi.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-second-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure dear. Thanks for nominating me. I'll check that out. XX

      Delete
  39. of course I´d like to follow such a nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Another good thing in buying and wearing trendy beaded jewelry is you do not want to spend thousands of greenbacks to have people who will appreciate your look and your image. Fashionable beaded jewelry like necklaces, earrings and bracelets are available in wide variety of styles and designs. You'll only spend one or two dollars to few hundred bucks depending on the kind of materials you select for your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time. Your comments are highly appreciated. I will reply as soon as I can. Leave a trace so I can comment back on your blog and follow back, too. XoXo




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...