Wednesday, January 30, 2013

MU Tutorial: Green Smokey Eyes


I find smokey eyes easy to do. Why? You just need one or two dark eye shadows and you're good to go. Well, not literally as you still have other products to use for your face. The major reason why I find it easy is that the application need not to be precised. The more it is smoked-out, the better. But please do not forget to blend, blend and blend. I posted a Green Smokey Eyes sometime last week and some of you requested for tutorial. So, here it is.


Green Smokey Eyes

FYI: This photo is obviously taken with a flash. We had an outfit shot in our roof deck right after I finished my make-up. Hence, the oil is beginning to build up when we came back to our unit after about 45 minutes. I  have oily skin, by the way.

Okay, let's move on with the tutorial.


1. I dabbed a little amount of Clarins Lisse Minute onto my T-zone area only where oil builds up easily and a little on my cheeks. Oh this is a holy grail! And yes, miracle happens every time I use this.

2. Pumped a little amount of Etude House BB Cream (in Refreshing) and applied onto my face using an angled foundation brush. Note that I applied the BB Cream onto the center of my face brushing it outward.

3. I set it with my Palladio Rice Powder (in Natural).


4. I did my eye brows using the IN2IT eye brow kit.

5. Now for the eyes, I applied NYX Eye shadow base (in Skintone) for a more vibrant effect of the eye shadow.

6. I applied NYX (in Highlight) onto my brow bone and just above the socket of my eyes.



7. I lined my eyes with IN2IT eyeliner in Black and winged it a bit. Then, I lined also my lower lash line just about 1/3 part. * Get a Q-tip and smudge the eyeliner except the pointed wing. Dust a powder on your under eye area for the fall-outs.  

8. Apply NYX (in Exotic Green) on your entire eyelid. Bring it up to the crease. Blend the edges using a blending brush.

9. Apply the NYX (in Mermaid Green) from the corner eye inward to 2/3 part of the lid. Blend it again.

10. Line your waterline with IN2IT eyeliner (in Black).

11. Using eye shadow brush, load it with Ever Bilena (in Cleo) and darken the 1/3 part of the lid. Then, sharpen the winged area bringing up to the crease for a sharp line. I aimed for a sharper edge. 

Then, using a bullet brush, load it again with Cleo and darken the outer corner of your eyes. Using the eye liner brush, load it with Exotic Green and apply to lower lash line from outer up to 1/3 part. Then, load the brush again with Mermaid Green, applying from the corner of the eye inward to connect with the Exotic Green. (Forgive my poor explanation but I hope you can still follow).


12. Curl your lashes. I applied my current favorite mascara Shu Uemura Precise Volume Mascara (in Black).


13. Apply the NYX Blush (in Spice) in the apple of your cheeks.

14. Lastly, I lined my lips with NYX Lip liner (in Natural) and applied a nude lipstick by Wet 'n Wild (in Nude). Then, I topped it off with NYX Megashine lip gloss.


There you have it - edgy smokey eyes. Notice how it made my eyes a lot bigger? No wonder smokey eye is very popular for Asians especially to those with monolids. Until next time.


XX,


Follow & Like me on BloglovinFacebookTwitter & Instagram.


67 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Following you now =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shade of green looks great on you!
    Would try this but I only have neutral colors.

    x Cammie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cammie. You can use neutrals, too. Brown and black smokey eyes. XX

      Delete
  3. totalyl love your eye makeup its always inspiring every time i come here :D
    my new post is up girl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Will check your new post. XX

      Delete
  4. Super love the eye makeup! Keep it up <3
    Btw, I'm having a closet sale on my blog, you might be interested hihi
    http://cheskabalingit.blogspot.com/2013/01/all-out-sale.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheska. Will check your closet sale. XX

      Delete
  5. love the tutorial

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2013/01/sentimental-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely tutorial

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2013/01/sentimental-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blending and the edge of your smokey eyes.. Curious ako dun sa rice paper nakita ko ata yan sa beauty bar? do you have a review of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eyah. Rice Powder yun. Yeap, I bought it from Beauty Bar. I do not have a review for that. Oo nga anoh? I've been using that powder since 2010 and sobrang like ko talaga siya kasi oily skin ako eh. I think I have to post a review. XX

      Delete
  8. cool smokey!!

    mind to visit and follow my blog? Click Here
    xoxo, Mich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. Sure we can follow each other. XX

      Delete
  9. Green Smokey eyes! I love how it made your Brown eyes look even more brown! @o@ Super cool! Definitely gonna try that out for myself. :D


    xoxoxo
    Sephie
    http://blog.justsephierojas.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty smokey eye! I love the green. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing eye make up. I wouldn't be able to do it this good :)

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. really like those shades of green you used, they're so pretty ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh this is a great tutorial Jenniya . Thumbs up :)
    How much is the rice powder and clarins? And where can I find them? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia. Rice Powder is P375 and available at any Beauty Bar. Clarins is available at Rustans or you can buy it online at Strawberry.net for P1,500 I think. XX

      Delete
  14. actually, i don't know how to wear make up and i just shine to wear it. 'cause i have much pimples. but i think your tutorial helpful, thanks ^^. i am following you now


    wanna follow each other?
    http://allfitriragaputti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you find this post helpful. Thanks for following. XX

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous look sweetie! It's so pretty and suits you so well! :))

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tutorial! You look great! x, Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post and blog! I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know xo

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Sure we can follow each other. XX

      Delete
  18. Your eyes are GORGEOUS. I love this look. whenever i try to do eyeshadow like this it just doesn't turn out right. lol I'll have to try again!

    love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, just practice. Thank you Sherry. XX

      Delete
  19. omgosh this is stunning!! so pretty!! the green is so gorgeous and multi-faceted! and you know emerald green is this year's pantone color of the year and even better emerald is gorgeous on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I know and I was very happy when Pantone released that Emerald is the Color of the Year. It's my fave color you know. XX

      Delete
  20. hi.
    nice share :) thank you for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look.
    http://rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey! thank you so much for your nice comment,I like so much your blog, so I'm following you now of course :) Hope you to do the same

    XOXO
    http://wildhearttts.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely!

    My first impressions of a new product I found that would make doing your nails easier! What do you think?

    i would also appreciate it if you follow my blog too!
    christie-mariee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are already following each other, Christie. XX

      Delete
  24. Thanks for stopping by sweety! This is such a great post (: Like it! keep in touch!xx

    Kisses*
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello,

    I loved your post and I'm your new follower!

    I hope your visit to my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    http://youtube.com/pathymakeup

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy!

    Hugs ..

    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa
    Instagram: @pathyamorinha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following Pathy. Sure we can follow each other. XX

      Delete
  26. wow this looks crazy, amazing ! :)
    xo
    parisian-fairytale.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really amazing result. :)
    Thanks for a lovely comment, following you back, dear. :)
    http://jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonessa. Keep in touch. XX

      Delete
  28. Wow this make-up look is superb, Jen! I totally love it!

    xoxo,
    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. Thank you Angel. XX

      Delete
  29. You look so pretty! The colors are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for this tutorial, I really needed to know how to do the smokey eye look

    Lauren
    Fashionswirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time. Your comments are highly appreciated. I will reply as soon as I can. Leave a trace so I can comment back on your blog and follow back, too. XoXo




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...