Sunday, August 25, 2013

REVIEW: Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk


Today, I'll be reviewing the lipstick W2Beauty sent me. I have mentioned from my previous post that this lipstick has been my go-to lipstick ever since I got it. Guess we're inseparable now. Haha! By the way, have you visited W2Beauty? I have blogged about this amazing beauty shop, read it hereIt is the best Korean beauty shop because they carry over 9,000+ products from popular Korean brands. They offer lots of free samples and they ship absolutely FREE to 170 countries worldwide. If you have a blog, you might be interested to join their Sponsorship/ Affiliate Program; just sign-up here.

Etude House Dear My Blooming Lips-talk
Price: USD$12.55 with free shipping. 


I got one from their Pink Talk line which consists of 5 tones of pink as pictured above. I picked #2 (PK012) because based on the picture, it has blue/lilac/pink undertones which I know will flatter me since I am morena (brown skin) and fall on warm tones with yellow undertone. It is important to know what shade and undertone of lipsticks suit you before buying or else you'll regret it later on. 

Jenniya's first impression:
The packaging is very cute and intricately designed with a bow. Now, who's going to say they didn't feel a youth vibe? Hmm.. The color itself is like a gypsy; it changes color side by side. It is attractive and very nice to play in the hand. Plus, I love hearing the click crisp sound when you press the top cap down in closing the tube. Do you do that, too? I am totally in love with the shade when I twirled up the tube. I got wowed at it. It looks so vibrant, so bright pink! And the engraved heart with a crown is so cute! How could they make a lipstick such as cute as this? I feel like I don't want to use it and just keep it instead; I don't want the beautiful engrave to get ruined. Lol! Anyway, there's a bit odd smell but you know it doesn't really bother me.


Now, for the swatch! 


Let's be honest. I am disappointed because it is not opaque as I expected. I don't know but the actual shade is bright pink (almost Fucshia) but turned lighter when applied. As the picture shown above, I've got to swipe 4 times or more to get my desired color similar to the lipstick itself but it was a fail and I think won't be happening. It has poor color consistency and the texture is very thin.

Jenniya says:
Though this lipstick is a bit disappointing for me, I just want to be fair. Honestly, this is my to-go lipstick ever since I got it.  I have said this line again and again; I love this lipstick! I love how this shade brightens up my face and I must say it flatters me. If you take a look of my close-up photo below, this lipstick set in lines but since I have a habit of pressing my lips together, so I don't see it a big deal. 

This photo is taken indoor using my iPhone without flash. This is the nearest color of the lipstick when applied and also in person. I swiped 2 times only.

This photo is taken outdoor using my dslr camera. Due to camera settings, the lipstick shade is much lighter than the actual. I swiped more than 4 times here. Look at the obvious layers. :( I suggest not to over apply if you desire to achieve the closer shade of the lipstick because it will just cause an obvious layers and your lips will look chalky. I think this is a matte with a bit of moist so it isn't drying when applied on lips which a real plus points for me. I don't have a plan to repurchased but I might try Etude's other lipstick line.

Jenniya rates this product:
4 out of 5. Average.

Have you tried Etude's Dear My Blooming Lips-talk in Pink Talk line? Share it in the comments below.


Follow this blog with BLOGLOVIN.




31 comments:

  1. wow ,beautiful :)

    Happy Sunday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this lipstick is so cute♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color & the packaging.. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Etude House, they make the cutest packaging !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I love this colour but a pity that the it's not strong enough though.

    Fang Ting
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute!

    http://estrellamarinna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so cool!!!
    Kisses from Germany- Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the adorable packaging and the colour is sublime on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this shade sis! :) I'll check this lipstick when i go to the mall this week.

    http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks great on you Ate Jen!!!
    I love Etude House lipsticks, they feel so smooth on my lips...

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Amazing color :)
    Tina from the Style Sinners
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly the packaging is so cute that i will buy it for its packaging, but u said its very nice so im buying ut for sure..
    My skin colir matches your so now i know which undertones will suit me..
    Dont forget to enter my giveaway.
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh I love those pinks they are so bright. Pink lipstick and bright reds were my favs this summer. Can't wait for the Fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This lipstick looks very nice
    Alessandra
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one lovely shade !
    :)
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. it looks so cute, love the color !! suits you perfectly :)
    xx

    http://phuckitfashion.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colour is very beautiful and the design is great, very lovely :)

    greeting from cologne!

    http://voyagevoyagelamonde.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute packaging!

    kiss
    from
    Greece

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's a great lipstick ^^
    thank you for your comment, dear!

    ^^
    http://www.dreamloveshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love etude house products. If my current lipstick run out, I'll definitely try this one.

    xx

    http://janninebandiola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the shades Ms. Jenniya! So pretty! ^^

    Followed you via bloglovin and twitter by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The color is beautiful! The packaging is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time. Your comments are highly appreciated. I will reply as soon as I can. Leave a trace so I can comment back on your blog and follow back, too. XoXo




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...